Sort of too sad to blog
>> Tuesday, October 19, 2010
This whole moving thing is WAY harder than I thought. I've been meaning to hop back on here and blog a little about how things are going, but I'm finding that I'm feeling a little blue about everything and I wasn't sure I could write something that didn't come off as too sad. So, we'll see I guess.
The news is slowly traveling. We told Anderson (he was happy), then our parents, my employer, and I've been slowly telling my friends as the topic comes up. I think I'm still very numb about how fast this is happening, and therefore I am having trouble accepting it and saying the words out loud. I'm even pretending, a little, that it's not looming right around the corner. My neighbor came over with an order form for Christmas fruit baskets last night, and instead of telling him I woudn't be in town when the order comes in, I ordered up a $35 basket of apples, pears, and pineapples! Um...????? I might be a *tad* bit in denial!
Yesterday a representative from the moving company came to evaluate how much stuff we have and to estimate how long they'll need to pack us all up. They will most likely start packing us up next Tuesday, we'll be out of the house by Friday, and we'll be in Cleveland on November 5th. We'll be staying with my mom for the last week while our stuff is in transit.
To say that I am overwhelmed is an understatement. So I'm trying to just live in the moment, cram as much fun stuff in as possible, and take it a day at a time. I figure I'll have weeks, possibly months, in OH with not a lot planned because we won't know many people. I'll have lots of time to rest and get organized. For now we're trying to do everything we can fit in...and I'm trying to not let the little voice in my head that whispers to me that we're doing <insert Upstate NY activity here> for the last time bother me.
1 comments:
"and I'm trying to not let the little voice in my head that whispers to me that we're doing for the last time bother me. "
WAHHHHHHH! :(
I keep repeating to myself, "there's Skype, and they'll be back to visit, and we'll go visit them, and...and.....and......wahhhhhhh!" <3
We'll see you soon :)
Post a Comment