Rain Rain Go Away!!

>> Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Is anyone else sick of the weather lately?  I *try* not to complain about the weather--it is what it is and there's not much we can do about it.  But...goodness, the RAIN we've had lately.  It's put a damper on Anderson's baseball, our last camping trip, riding bikes, playground trips after school, walking to school...the list could go on. 

Since we moved to this neighborhood (and since my trip to Italy where they walk EVERYWHERE and I loved it!) we've known that once the weather gets nice we wanted to start walking to school.  I haven't clocked it yet, mileage-wise, but it only takes me about 2 minutes to drive to the school.  I figure it's less than a mile and totally do-able for us to walk it in about 15 minutes or so.  It's just through the neighborhood, too, with a cut-through to the school.  No main roads, which is nice.  Friday is National Walk to School Day, so I'm hopeful that the weather will cooperate!  Of course that will mean that I have to get us ready in the morning about 15 minutes earlier!!  LOL  Not my best skill, for sure, but I will try.  Wish us luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment